An article posted by Bloomberg Law recently titled “Health Data Breach Lawsuits Surge as Cyberattacks Keep Climbing” lays bare the importance of protecting your health data. As the frequency and severity of healthcare data breaches continue to rise, it is more important than ever for organizations to take steps to protect their data. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this is to migrate your content from legacy applications into a secure, compliant data archive.
A secure data archive can help you to:
- Reduce the risk of data breaches by centralizing your sensitive legacy data into a single, encrypted location.
- Comply with HIPAA and other regulations by ensuring that your data is properly secured and protected.
- Reduce the costs of data breaches by minimizing the amount of time and money you need to spend on investigation, remediation, and notification.
- Improve your ability to respond to data breaches by having a clear and concise plan in place.
In addition to the core security features, it can additionally help you eliminate technology debt, reduce storage costs, and minimize consumption training, maintenance and support costs when keeping your legacy applications alive.
As a secure and compliant data archive solution, Archon Data Store offers a variety of features to help you protect your data, including:
- 256-bit encryption
- Role-based access control
- Detailed audit logging
- Simplified viewing with a highly configurable UI to provide a familiar user experience
Archon Data Store is also HIPAA, PII, PHI, ISO 27001, and SOC 2 compliant, so you can be confident that your data is being stored and protected in accordance with the law.
As indicated in the Bloomberg article, the average ransom paid last year was over $1.5 million per incident. When combining the hard-dollar savings associated with retiring your legacy EMRs with the opportunity for cost avoidance and lower risk, a compliant archive seems like a no-brainer.